Thursday, October 2, 2008

butternut and sweet potato bake

my sister-in-law made this on tuesday night, and it was delicious!


peel and cube 500g of butternut and 500g of sweet potatoes. par-cook them in the microwave, about 6 minutes each on high.

slice and finely chop 2 medium onions, and brown in butter in a frying pan with 1 teaspoon chopped garlic.

mix a 50g packet of thick white onion soup powder with 2 cups of milk.

place the par-cooked vegetables in an ovenproof bowl, add the fried onions and garlic and pour the soup mixture over it.

cover and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ยบ celsius for 20 minutes. remove the cover and bake for a further 10 minutes.

goes with just about anything…

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Sounds very yummy!

Kathy said...

Came over for a visit by way of Hootn' Anni's. You have some wonderful sounding recipes here, I believe I'm going to have to give a few of them a try.

While I was here I just thought I'd stop and say howdy.

I hope you have a wonderful week.

ms. bliss said...

oooooo...this sounds yummy...I am going to try to makeit this weekend as it is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada!

Gretchen said...

That sounds really good! Will have to give it a try!